May 27, 2011
Who’s that girl?
10 Things You May Not Know About Isla
10) Isla once drove a steamroller. She was not good at it.
9) Isla used to wear a rainbow magnet belt everyday as a child – over her bathing suit, nightgown, and rainbow crinoline tutu. She would accessorize the accessory with a rainbow Carebear, otherwise known as Cheerbear.
8) Isla’s legal name is Isla Michelle Lauren Kay, Isla was added because Isla can’t live up to Michelle’s girliness, it means island, and…to be difficult – Sorry Mom & Dad!
(Isla’s go-to make-believe name used to be “Jean” because she thought blue jeans were cool, lame!)
7) Isla has been an imperfect vegan for 2 years and began progressively giving up animal products at the age of 14 following a friend’s lead in becoming a “white meat vegetarian” (no red meat). True vegetarianism began at 18 when forced to choose all meat or no meat during a summer as a counselor at Camp Chief Hector. And vegan cred goes to Glenn Gaetz. Cred for this post idea, too, while we’re on the topic.
6) Isla has never kissed a girl… but she probably would – PM me! ; )
5) Reason for this being that Isla is Boy Crazay-zy. Every time she considers kissing a girl, she gets side tracked by hot men.
4) Isla has been told that her best and worst quality is that she’s a free spirit.
3) When Isla was a child her favourite food was veal : ( : ( She would dine with her parents at a German restaurant named The Black Forest in Invermere and when once told it was a baby cow, her little brain could not make the correlation.
2) Isla is a fuckin’ adult, yo. 30 as of April 27th, 2011.
1) Isla became an animal rights activist due to her true love for her deceased puppy dog, Turbeau – a cuddly bijon frise stuffed animal soul mate doggy.